AETAS is an independent office of expertise focusing on questions
concerning age, gender and diversity.
AETAS offers support in the following areas:
- Policy: analysing and giving advice for the benefit of policy
development and application
- Projects: advising, developing, carrying out, guiding and managing
AETAS accepts commissions from government bodies, non-governmental
organisations and companies. AETAS is active in the
Netherlands and elsewhere in Europe.
AETAS focuses its activities on questions
How can one combat age discrimination? How can one
make better use of the qualities that older people
offer? What can
employers do to prevent young women from becoming
unfit for work, thus forcing them into WAO (The
and dead-end prospects?
The face behind AETAS
AETAS was established in 2001 by drs. Margit van
der Steen (1961). She has 15 years experience
in the fields
management, fund-raising and in text writing
related to these activities. With a background in social-economic
has access to a broad network of connections.
2003, she made a statement on ‘gender and age’ on
behalf of the Dutch Government at the United
Nations General Assembly.
AETAS’s working methods are directed towards:
- quality and innovation
- converting ideas into effective projects and policy
- finding creative solutions
- gaining strategic insight into situations and recognising political
- maintaining an on-going knowledge of European developments
- exploring unknown areas
- delivering clear analyses and accessible texts
- result-focused activities
- taking on responsibility for different phases of a project